Oats Mutter Dosa – Healthy Food Receipe
Dosa is all time favorite dish of all South Indian. On the other hand Oats is a high content of soulable fibre ‘beta-glucan’, a potent blood sugar and cholesterol-lowering agent.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins
For The Dosa Batter
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
salt to taste
For The Stuffing
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 slit green chilli
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup parboiled green peas
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp lemon juice
2 1/4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
For the dosa batter
- Combine the oats, urad dal and salt in a bowl and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Add1¾ cups of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and green chilli.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and green peas, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, chaat masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and move the spoon in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) round dosa.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the dosa and fold over.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with a chutney of your choice.
Best served with Chutney